Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Imminent Internet Church: Instant Gratification Addiction

I want a thousand people reading this blog now. Already.

Yes I just started it today.

Yes I have unrealistic and demanding expectations.

If it's important, everyone should know NOW.

It will be very tempting to use my internet marketing tactics to promote this. You see, I already have rationalizations:
  • Why treat it different from any other blog?
  • You know how many blogs don't have any traffic or readership?
  • Are you just condemning everything good and Christian to obscurity?
  • Do you really think God does SEO?
  • If it's not even indexed by Google how can anyone find it by searching?
Those are very convincing.

And what will my worldly goal be? (I'm telling you this to show you how crazy I think about this stuff)
  • Once I have traffic, I need comments to prove that people read it and like it
  • I need to be pursued by Christian journalists and radio people so that they'll interview me and talk about how awesome this blog is. Why is it awesome? Because I wrote it, of course- unrestrained ego and pride- entitlement
  • This blog will become so popular that I will launch a national internet church based on it and have a radio show and books and God will bless it hugely just because I started a blog today, which there is a high chance I will never write on again after this day.
I am crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment