Monday, January 24, 2011

Helplessly Irritable

My cross to bear seems to be sudden inexplicable irritability. Sometimes I get very sensitive to sound. I also get tinnitus. The sound of a dog eating is like the dog is in my ear- right in my ear. Someone revving their lawnmowing is somehow doing this to me personally. My wife singing while the cat's meows for food go ignored is like a horror movie.

I don't know why sounds hit me so hard. Maybe it's something biological like Lyme's disease. Maybe it's a spiritually malady from not going to church. Maybe it's my musician's ear. Maybe it's low signal to noise ratio because of a temporarily bad neurochemical mix. No clue.

Definitely don't act spiritually when that happens. The best thing I can do is not say or do anything in anger.

But I'm an irritable guy. If it feels like there's something in my nose or if the headphone cord keeps hitting my forearm hairs, or if I think there are hairs in the bed, I want to freak out.

Some Mondays feel like Mondays. Today is one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment