Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christian Introverts

I was looking at my post that suggests my strategy include LOVING and GIVING and I was thinking...
I suppose I'd have to get out of the house to do that.
Which I thought was funny.

I work from home and I don't leave much. I travel for work and speak around the country sometimes, but after speaking I stay in the hotel. Trust me, I've tried hanging out with people at conferences, and usually I find its superficial and annoying.
Talking to people for more than a few hours makes me tired and gives me a migraine.
I've always been an introvert. I've been on the computer since I was ten years old. I've always preferred deeper relationships. I feel like to really talk to you, I have to get to know you, and that's going to take hours. Otherwise, we're not really going to say anything important, and we might as well not talk.

Can I be really giving if I can't leave the house? Is introversion not of Christ? Some of the Great Men of God have been pastors who speak to many at a time- do they also spend twelve hours a day talking to individuals?

No comments:

Post a Comment